Keeping your vehicles engine in peak running performance is important but does not need doing as often as it use to.
Very few vehicles use the old style copper core spark plug that last about 60,000 km. Most vehicles use Platinum, double
Platinum 120,000km, Irridium 160,000 km or Laser Irridium spark plugs with 220,000 km service intervals.
At Essential Auto Service a Tune-Up consists of;
- Replacing Spark Plugs
- Replacing Ignition wires if applicable
- Replacing the air filter
- Replacing the fuel filter where applicable
- A Throttle Body Service, cleaning the throttle plate and idle passages if applicable
- Adding an industrial strength fuel system cleaner to the fuel tank
- Setting all tire pressures
We also offer an induction service to be performed before a Tune-Up which consists of a mixture of two very powerful
chemicals that are sprayed into the engines intake system under high pressure while the engine is running. These
chemicals remove all the carbon build up inside the intake manifold, valves, combustion chambers and pistons. Then
the products enter the catalytic converter where they burn off the build up of contamination inside the catalyst and help
bring it back to peak operating condition.